There is always a nurse and C.N.A. on duty at the Center to assist you. As part of the enrollment process, the nurse makes sure that we understand your medical needs and concerns. Once you are a participant, the nursing staff works with you to help you reach your maximum level of health and independence!
- Developing a plan of care
- Coordinating your care with your doctor or other health professional
- Assisting with the management of your medications
- Monitoring and managing diabetes
- Checking weight, blood pressure and blood sugar
- Assisting with Activities of Daily Living
- Teaching you how to improve your health
- Empowering you to take control of your health
"The world becomes a better place
because of places like Elmwood!"
It has been my experience over time, to witness dramatic improvement in the health and happiness of participants at our center. Independent clients especially enjoy our warm social setting to make new friends. Clients who need more assistance benefit form the support of a caring group of their peers and personalized nursing care.
- Maria Taveras, CNA
Our highly skilled and dedicated nursing team provides services impossible to find in a typical doctor’s office visit. Our participants are known by name and are more than just a number. We truly care for each and every person in our health care center as if they were our friends and family.
- Mary Schmidt, Director of Nursing